Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sometimes I get Angry

I do, I really do. Sometimes I get angry.

I get angry at people who ask me rude questions about my children's birth mom. You may not think it's rude but it is. Please don't ask me why the state doesn't insist on tying her tubes. Please don't ask me what is "wrong" with her or when is she ever going to learn? She is a human being, just like you. Did she makes some mistakes? Sure. Haven't you? This woman chose to give life to these babies, MY babies and more importantly, she is a child of God.

I also get angry when people tell me I'm a saint for taking in these little ones. I'm not.

I get angry when my boys leave their socks all around the house.

I get angry when people think I'm neglecting my "real" children. They are ALL real!

I get angry at 1:30 in the morning when I really, REALLY want to sleep and the microchip disagrees. Although...that's more of a desperate plea than anger...so never mind. So, I blog about my anger issues instead...

I get angry with myself for feeling bad about asking people to not touch the baby. I shouldn't feel bad, I'm protecting this little man but...I don't want to hurt your feelings.

Sometimes I get angry with the surgeons who won't just go ahead and fix the dadgum hernia on this little boy.

And with the court system that takes too long to finalize things.

And on and on and on.

All this to say....I get angry.

1 comment:

Cerise said...

I'm glad you get mad, boo. Bet your other friends do too. Remember that we delight in the darkness we find in each other (from an "it ain't just me" standpoint at least) as well as the light.

Who are these people asking and saying such incredibly impertinent things about your family? Do they not understand how icky it is?

Oh well, I'll bet you handle them just fine. I hope you don't wind yourself up with guilt too much when you get angry, love. That would make me sad.