Or maybe not...but I need to write it down.
So. Here goes:
In the last month we/I/he/she/they:
1. (I) Finished my prerequisites for a BSN program. I'm totally bummed....only a 3.95 for the semester. Stinkin' stats class. Who gets an A- in that? (I know, I know...)
2. (The boys) finished out their school year! Not one to brag or anything (yeah, right) but they ROCKED the academics this year. I've got some pretty smart boys.
3. (The twins) ended their time at day care. It's been an interesting transition, to say the least. I'm grateful to be home with the crew and the twins have really flourished these last few weeks. Now if we can just got those tantrums under control (theirs, not mine!)
4. (The Microchip) has been to 7 doctors appointments (maybe more?) and 2 ER trips. Not to mention the home health nurses and the developmental evaluations. And the feedings every 3 hours and the constant online searches to make sure this or that is "normal". He wears me out. The good news is he weighs 9lbs 15 oz! In case you are keeping track ( and I am) that is a weight gain of 8lbs 3 oz since birth and 4 pounds (give or take) since he came home! His surgery is a few weeks away and we are still battling reflux. Although from what I understand, his isn't nearly as bad as it could be. This little one is miraculous. But you knew that already.
5. (I) am learning to balance the needs of 3 rather high maintenance small ones with the needs of 4 very active not so small ones. Today was a rough day (which is probably why I'm blogging) but I love being with my kids. I love having them all home. Really. I do.
We are just going to have a laid back summer. No one is going to summer camp, although we might sign up for an art camp that takes place a couple of afternoons. Just N-ben is playing "real" baseball. Little E is playing soft toss ball once a week. No swim lessons. Nothing that is going to make us run, run, run. So far, I love it. We needed it. We need the time to bond as a family.
It's my night to stay up with the microchip and he just fell asleep so, I will bid you adieu and attempt to sleep for a few hours myself.
(True story: just I was I clicking "check spelling" the tornado warnings went off. I'm here with 5 kiddos.... THAT was interesting.)
No comments:
Post a Comment