Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Rainy Monday

I was singing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" when I wrote that post title. Somehow it felt appropriate. HA!

I managed to skip every single one of my classes today without suffering from an ounce of guilt.

It wasn't even because I spent the day snuggling my little chocolate chip. (which I didn't get to do...sigh...)

My 5 year old ended up with a fever yesterday morning, so we skipped church in order to not spread his germs.

He woke up about two hours after I went to bed last night with a fever that was even higher...and then decided to not sleep for another two hours....and then I had to get up two hours later to get the rest of the crew off to school. Oh, and I totally had to run up to the college to finish an assignment at 7 in the morning. Awesome.

So, needless to say I was tired. And I knew I would either have to stay home the sicky or drag him to class with me, which I've totally done.

Then I got calls and texts regarding my Grandpa and his health issues.

And I got even more tired.

And I decided that what would benefit me the most today was a day at home. The husband offered to come home for lunch so I could go to a lecture and I told him no.

I know, weird, right?

So, I spent the day just reading my text books and fielding phone calls and playing video games with my 5 year old.

And of course calling for an update on our now 2lb 7oz baby boy.

I'm not telling you all this to complain and beg for sympathy. I'm just telling ya.

I am far from perfect...I'm struggling with all that is swirling around in my world right now....and I am tired.

I know very well that something is going to have to give if our family is going to survive this season. I'm so afraid it is going to have to be my classes. I'm SO close to being done. So close. Like 10 weeks away. What's a girl to do?

I was sort of wishing it could be laundry or house cleaning that goes....hmmm, that idea has merit.

In the meantime, while I'm whining, keep praying for this little guy. Pray for steady growth. Pray that we can figure out how to balance the needs of our oddly sized family. And pray that my professors will extend some mercy and grace to the hooligan who cut classes today. :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Chrissy,

Totally let the housekeeping go. You've got ten weeks left to fulfill this goal. Don't give up on it now! Wear dirty clothes before you do that. And -- again -- ask for help! I can imagine that there's a whole cloud of people who would be happy to do your laundry for you if that's what it takes to get you through this season.

Hang in there! Praying, praying, praying for you.

Amy said...

Chrissy,
You are an amazing person and such an inspiration. You will get through this and the testimony that you will have to tell after it all calms down will be life-changing to others.