We had a birthday party this weekend and invited the family that our babies lived with for the first 9 months of their lives. And it was good. And it was hard. And it was wonderful.
Our babies have biological siblings and their 9 year old brother belongs to this "first foster family." He was thrilled to see them. Thrilled.
But it was hard. He didn't understand why they have new names.
Or why they ran to N or E and not him.
He kept asking if they missed him and every once in awhile would scoop one of them up and take them aside and just talk quietly in their ear.
It broke my heart.
Their "first foster Mama" also brought me a present. She gave me all their things from the hospital. Their birth certificate, their little hospital bands, their tiny first footprints and the little cards you put on the cribs and even an ultrasound picture. Amazing. I never in a million years thought I would have all these treasures in my possession.
There is so much to process, so much to think about. So much I never even considered. So much I want to talk about but not sure if I can or should.
But this I do know. I love these precious ones more than I can ever express.
And that means dealing with the hard stuff.
2 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing Chrissy. What an amazing and sobering time you must have had. There is, indeed, a lot to process for you, I am sure. Still thinking about you and praying for you on a regular basis. Be blessed.
oh my heart breaks for that little 9 year old:O(
i'm so glad that she was able to give you all of their hospital goodies- so special:O)
Post a Comment