8 weeks.
2 months.
We've been a family of 8 plus a Grandpa for 2 months.
In so many ways it feels like life has always been this way. That total chaos is perfectly normal.
And in some ways these have been the longest two months of my life.
Sometimes I am beyond sad that these babies don't always let me comfort them. That they won't let me rock them to sleep and rarely snuggle up against me for some "loves".
And then sometimes, I am filled with overwhelming joy by their contented smiles and squeals of laughter.
There are times when I am at a loss, not really knowing anything about their first months of life and not being able to answer questions that most Moms should now.
And then I am filled with such confidence in knowing that I am their Mama now and will forever be so.
We have moments when I feel like a complete family unit, where we are all sitting around the dinner table just enjoying each other's company.
And then there are times when I feel like it's "the older boys" vs. "the new babies."
I'm telling ya, it's a wild ride. This whole adoption "thing" isn't easy. Six kids isn't easy.
I over heard a lady yesterday whisper to the woman next to her: "Glad it's her and not me."
It took all I had not to respond with:"You know what? I AM glad it's ME and not you, as well".
But that would have been rude, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment