Thursday, June 3, 2010

One Month

One month ago today two of the most beautiful, chocolate colored babies came to live with us.

One month ago today our entire world was turned upside down.

One month ago today we became an "unofficial" family of 8 (plus a Grandpa).

I can't say that this month has been easy. Far from it. This month has been HARD. Balancing the needs of ten month old twins with the needs of my 4 older boys and caring for my Grandpa has been knock you to your knees impossible. Throw in finals, general housekeeping and trying to be at least a decent wife to my amazing husband and you end up with an exhausted girl.

But really....when I look into those big brown eyes that smile at me when I walk into the room...somehow that exhaustion feels a little less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't comment too much on blogs, but I just wanted to say I've read a little bit of your story (found you by following links on about 6 different blogs, so you don't know me from Adam), but I am in awe. Your story is amazing, and I commend what you're doing for these babies (as well as the rest of your family). I just read this post, and felt that I could totally relate...except that I have only 1 (almost completely) adopted son who is 7. School is hard to add on top of work and parenting a new child; I can't imagine how you're doing it, but it seems like you're doing a great job! Thanks for sharing your story...you are very inspiring!
Luna