Sorry about that, kids...I know you are all anxiously awaiting my news, right? Bated breath and all that?
Nothing exciting, just our first foster parenting class!
The highlight? Spending 10 hours with Johnny (and 20 complete strangers).
I know these classes will be worth it, I do, it's just...ugh....rather boring. A very looooong class, in a very dark room, with no windows and a very annoying man named Gene, who I am sure has great intentions but who I am ALSO sure wants the entire world to know his great intentions.
I'm sorry for saying that, really, I am.
Please don't hold it against be DCFS. I promise, I will be a good Mommy.
I did learn some interesting things, though, I have to admit. There are some aspects of this adoption process that I never thought of. When we were adopting internationally, I knew there would be questions about Miley's birth parents and I figured the words would be pretty easy to come by when we needed to explain why she was placed for adoption. A DCFS adoption is different because most children are available for adoption due to neglect or abuse. So when Miley asks me if I am mad at her birth Mom, how will I answer that? Lots to think about. And lots that I am just sort of blurting out here in blogworld because I need to process.
I also realized how nervous I am about adding a baby to our pretty self sufficient tribe. Don't get me wrong, I am SO excited to be a Mama again and to snuggle up with this sweet little thang and I will gladly take on the 2am feedings and the diaper bags and strollers and teething. I just started to think through all that again, since the possibility is VERY real that we will have a little girl by Christmas. (yes....I've said that for 3 years now.....it's called HOPE people!)
We have 7 more sessions to attend and I'm sure I'll have lots more to say about them (don't I always?). Just hang on tight for the squeal that will be heard all over the world when we get the call to come get Miley.
2 comments:
If you need to practice the 2am feedings, come on over to our house. I'd be happy to share them with you. ;)
Angie
Excited for your hope! Keep us in the loop!
Post a Comment