Wednesday, September 2, 2009

State of the House Address


1. We are 1 month into our school year and I feel like things are progressing pretty well. J-man's reading is coming along nicely. E just floats along with everything. N-ben is working pretty hard on math. This year we've added a real Spanish program, thanks to a friend who is going to teach them while I'm in class one day a week.

2. Speaking of my classes...they are going well. It is NUTS being back at GC with a brand new batch of students. I'm actually going to start a public blog about the life of a college student, second time around. I'll let you know the link.

3. Gpa has spent some time in the hospital. It is odd. When he is in good health, it's great! But you can tell when he starts to not feel well...and then we struggle.

4. 2 weeks of soccer down. 4 to go. I totally forgot how crazy this month becomes with soccer. I mean, it is a GOOD crazy, but...hard. Especially since I'm coaching and all but, this too shall pass. And I hope my soccer kids start learning HOW to pass....and that I don't pass out.

5. E has decided to take at least a month off of gymnastics. Can't tell you how shocked I was to hear that! After 4 years of running to tumbling and now running to Belleville 3 times a week....not sure what I will do with all that extra time! Oh wait. Maybe clean. Or sleep. And not to mention all that extra gas money!

I'm sure there is more but, really, who has time to sit and type all this out? Not me! I have chemistry homework!

No comments: