Thursday, September 24, 2009

The New Thing I Did Today

Well, it happened.

We broke something.

(other than a toy or some world record of ER trips and such)


Ethan broke his elbow. Yup. His elbow.


And not doing gymnastics like most people would think. Nope, we took a break from gymnastics so he could play soccer this fall and this is what happens. Of course, I wasn't there when it happened. I was coaching Justin's team (we won, by the way, 6-0) and then went to lab. Didn't hear about the injury till late. But anyway, no big deal. I figured he would be fine, went to bed, and woke up to an Ethan elbow the size of Texas! (well, maybe a Texas sheet cake...)

We went to the ER, took some x-rays and were immediately sent on the BJC's orthopedic center across the river.

Spent an hour there. Came home with a blue cast!

Hopefully it will come off in 2-6 weeks. I'm leaning towards 2 weeks. E is hoping for 2 days.

I felt so bad for the kid, he was starving and tired, I told him we could grab some lunch/dinner wherever he wanted.

He picked the first place we saw....
The Cheesecake Factory.

At least the injury didn't affect his taste....

No comments: