We found (OK, I was told about) this cute little "pick your own" farm north of town and we decided to go check it out. By we, I mean "I" and by check it out, I mean "invade". It turned out to be a gem of a farm and so far they are only advertising by word of mouth, so I'm afraid to tell you where it is lest I miss out on the best crop! Maybe I can be bribed with some shortcake to put my blueberries on. Maybe.
Notice the 1 lone little berry in Little E's bucket? Yup.
In this little tree I found a nest with 2 teeny tiny baby birds in it! I'll admit it, I squealed. Would you expect to find a nest in a picked over blueberry bush? Sheesh!

But what in the world is this???

Meanwhile, I have 5 pounds of blueberries ripening on my counter, waiting to be frozen and/or put into some muffins. Or shortcake. Or something that includes carbs. And this city girl is very much looking forward to picking whatever fruit is in season next!
No comments:
Post a Comment