Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baseball Fever

I confess. I never liked watching baseball. Now, I totally love the idea of watching baseball....you know...to impress the guys when I was younger but now that I am old. I can take it or leave it.

Then came Noah.

Now I can't get enough of it.

He joined a traveling league this spring. We are driving about an hour (one way) to various games. Maybe 25 this season? Not sure. And I don't care. Cuz it is fun.

Noah got to pitch last night! I was super nervous for him. And let me just say...there was no need to be! That kid ROCKED!

Here he is, warming up before his inning. I heard the coach saying "ow" every time Noah pitched. Noah said, "Yeah, that's what my dad says, too."


Going over his form with the coach.
(Did I mention that Noah hasn't pitched before...even in practice???)
First pitch of his ball playing career! STRIKE!Can't begin to describe how proud I am of my son. The kicker is...while I am proud of how well he pitched...what I am MOST proud of is his attitude. No tears, not temper tantrums, no attitude. He was just cool, calm and collected (which his Mama was NOT) and got in there and got the job done. He walked 2 (not bad), had one hit, and struck 3 out.

All in all, it was a beautiful night for baseball.

No comments: