Grandpa's room is pretty much done! He is all moved in and enjoying the simple life these days. Elijah is a regular visitor and has decided to keep a stash of trains out there just in case. We still have to finish the closet and trim and unpack, but that is all minor compared to what Johnny and a group of volunteers managed to accomplish over the last 4 weekends.
This has been a huge transition for our family. And not necessarily a smooth one. Grandpa decided he wanted to ride a helicopter over to STL and spend a few days there overlooking beautiful Forest Park. So, you can feel free to up my days in hospital total to an additional 6 days. (Have I mentioned we added an ER trip with Ethan, too? Greenville Regional should function quite well under my financial support.) We are also trying to find the balance between me being helpful to Grandpa and me being his maid. I am not a naturally empathetic person and not really gifted in the serving others department, so this is tough for me. I figure, you can walk, get yourself some water. Real nice of me, eh? But I'm learning. And this is a great thing for my boys to be a part of.
A major shout out belongs to one Johnny Matthews. Who knew a guitar hero could be so handy around the house? Hmmm, what else can we build?
Just kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment