Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Um....yikes? - update

Surgery is set for December 23rd. The good news is that it is an outpatient procedure. Dr. S said his part will take all of 10 minutes (which does freak me out a little bit...only 10 minutes to slice open my leg and drill out some screws????) He said no crutches, no therapy, no showers, and stitches out in a week or so. Easy as pie, right?

I love that towards the end of our conversation he threw out the minor possibility of my leg exploding. Well, not in those exact words (I do have a flair for the dramatic, remember?) But something like, there is a possibility that your new bone won't hold and the surgery will fail. Nice, huh? Way to instill courage in a girl. Thanks.

So, say a prayer or a dozen for us. I know that the doctor says it is no big deal, but, uh, HELLO! It's still surgery.

No comments: