Sunday, October 5, 2008

A little bit of Fall Fun




The Matthews invaded Eckert's last weekend. All I can say is that I got some good pictures! I just noticed that I need to crop out that person standing in the field. Anyway. I'm becoming cheap in my old age and decided not to pay for professional shots of my kids this year, so this was my first attempt. I'll post the individuals next.

Other than the mini photo shoot, we had a great time! The boys were freaked out by the giant grasshoppers. They also spent a freakishly long time picking out the right pumpkin. I guess I shouldn't say "freakishly"...just an unusually long period of concentration that did not involve a gaming system or art project. So for that, I am grateful!

I'm also grateful for the day we had together. With our crazy schedule, we haven't all been together in a really long time and that makes me sad. Soccer ends this week. We are also making some pretty drastic changes to our other activities (which again, I'll write about later). But for this day, this day, we enjoyed each other's company to the fullest!

3 comments:

TomandBecky said...

Noah has the model 'look' down pat in the first picture. The 'I'm cooler than a truckload of pumpkins but I'll let Mom take my picture' type look. Hee hee... :) You have a beautiful family, Chrissy! I think the photos you take yourself have more character than the ones in the studio anyway--and I'm all for cheap too!!

Chrissy said...

Noah has always had that "pouty senior portrait" look. He gets it from his Mom. :)
Thanks for the compliment and for actually commenting!
Now I just need to enlarge them and send them out.

TomandBecky said...

No prob--I'm glad the blog elves that control cyber space are letting me comment finally! (Their twins are the laundry elves that steal socks...)