boys and their Daddy.

Well, let me just tell you, this is where my Type-A personality comes in handy. I only shop 2x a month, with an occasional "we need milk" run. I plan out every meal for 15 days, sometimes more. I make this crazy master list, load up the boys and the Grandpa and go! We go to Aldi's first (that's the IGA bags you see) and then to Wally World for whatever is left. I average about $160 per trip. That's for everything, including supplies. I know people who feed their tribes on way less, but I haven't found the time to play that game all the time and I think if I didn't have my boys with me, I could spend a whole lot less. However, I have no problem with bribery and if a peaceful grocery trip = 4 bags of M & M's, so be it. You try shopping with this group.
2 comments:
$160 is awesome! Don't you love Aldi? I wish we lived closer to one. I go about every three weeks and heap the cart to overflowing for about $120-$150. Can't get everything there, but I've never had the strategic skill and time needed to get as good of a deal with coupons and store sales.
Chrissy, I'm impressed! Do you have a huge freezer?
Post a Comment