Sunday, October 19, 2008

Deep Thoughts for Your Sunday

“Women who stand when everything under them gives way have powerful theology,” John Piper.

“In every situation God is always doing a thousand different things you cannot see and do not know,” John Piper.

“I resolved three things: I will not embarrass my husband, I will not embarrass my God, I will not embarrass myself. Instead of listening to myself and how I feel, I need to talk to myself of the truth,” Karen Loritts.

“If you want your diamond in your engagement ring to really shine, you get out a toothbrush and give that jewel a good scrub. And a real jewel is a lot tougher than it looks. God knows the same is true with us. We are not as delicate as we may think. He is not afraid to give us a good scrub knowing we will shine more brightly for Jesus in the end,” Joni Eareckson Tada.

3 comments:

TomandBecky said...

Good thoughts. Looking at the third quote, I do all three of those more often than I like, I'm sure! Maybe you can start a Sunday 'Deep Thoughts, by Chrissy Matthews' on your blog. :)

Chrissy said...

Hey, good idea. Although, I'm not sure if I have enough deep thoughts to last...

Chrissy said...

And somehow...without the deep, monotone SNL voice...it's loses something....