Monday, September 15, 2008

I was just about to say it was too quiet....

Man, oh man. Just when you think things are going well, someone has to go and throw and wrench in those plans! Little stinkers.

I just handed out my first, honest-to-goodness grounding. Not one of those "go to your room" for an hour groundings but an full-fledged, no t.v., no computer, no bikes for a week kind of groundings. And no Wii for a month. Man, I am harsh! But it had to happen...let me tell ya.

School went really well today. We got everything done before lunch so after lunch we went out to play. Again, all was going well. The boys "scooter ed" (how do you say that?), roller bladed, etc. and we had a nice time. Noah asked if he and Ethan could ride down our road and up the next street to the hill (the dreaded hill from the cool points entry) and come back. I said "Sure, no prob." Only there was something about his face that made me think something was up. So I followed them. Justin and Elijah came with me. Noah got to the top of the hill and saw that I was following him and he got mad. And they (Noah and Ethan) took off. I thought they would just stop at the end of Linder or turn around and come back, so the 3 of us just kept on walking up the hill...and down the road....and further down the road....(we abandoned the tricycles on Killarney). And the boys weren't there.

"I see them!" Justin yells....they were back down on Idler.....they rode their bikes out on 140!!!!!! A highway!!!!!! WHAT???? Oh I was so mad. You haven't seen me mad until today. I was livid. We charged through some one's back yard and through the subdivision and let me just tell you that we got home in RECORD time.

It's not the bike riding on the highway that gets me (although, that scared me to death watching them, knowing I couldn't get to them), it's not the fact that all these people saw my boys and probably thought they were playing hooky or worse (but, that does bug me a lot), it's the fact that they lied to me.

I know it's the first of many! I know they are just being adventurous boys. Heaven help me. I miss the good old days. :)

No comments: