Monday, August 18, 2008

A Little Ego Boost

This summer I promised one of my MAD campers that I would take them out for Starbucks before school started. And I did. Jazz invited another one of my campers along and the other camper's mother (confused yet?) invited herself along. I thought this was a little strange but figured, hey, they don't really know me. I could be some weirdo (wait a minute...) or something. So, on the day we went out, camper #2's Mom pulled up and offered to drive us to Edwardsville. I told her it's no big deal that I didn't mind driving. She then replied that she doesn't allow her daughter to ride with anyone else so she can't really make an exception for me, even if I was a bit older. A bit older? I kind of chuckled at that but didn't make a big deal and camper #2's Mom said she would just drive her over to Starbucks. Then she asked me how old I was. I told her I was 20-11 and her jaw dropped. HA! She totally thought I was in my early 20's. YES! I can not tell you how great my day was after that. And she let me drive her daughter after all.

I had fun girls! Let's do it again.

No comments: