Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Up Your Nose

Noah and I went on a date recently. It was one of those "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" kind of dates. He had an appointment with Dr. Jey. at Children's. Noah is constantly hoarse which is probably a result of chronic bronchitis/RSV when he was little. His pediatrician thought we should have it checked out since he is going to be hitting puberty (gasp) soon. They ran a test that required a camera to be stuck up Noah's nose. Before she did this, though, Dr. Jey asked Noah if he ever picked his nose and Noah responded, with pride, that he has. She asked him which finger he uses, and he proudly raised his pointer finger. She informed him that the camera she is going to use is smaller than his nose finger so he should survive the test. Dr. Jey. began to thread the camera up Noah's nose and down whatever caverns there are in there to his vocal cords....and then the computer shuts down....and she is stuck. She can't really get help because she is holding a camera in my son's body. So, eventually Dr. Jey. has to remove the camera (which isn't super pleasant), and start again. Anyway, the point of this story is to tell you that Noah indeed has vocal nodules. As a singer, this bugs me, especially the fact that they don't DO anything for them at this point. We just hope he outgrows them and they fade away.


After the "fun" part of our day, we went to the Missouri History Museum. I didn't even know this place existed until a few weeks ago. (Sad, considering I lived in St. Louis for so long). What a great place! Admission to the basic exhibits is free. If you haven't been there, you should really check it out. Noah, my history buff, loved it. Right now they have an exhibit all about flight. Pretty cool.



After spending several hours at the museum, we went to a fun little restaurant known as Fitz's.
I love days like this, spending one on one time with my kids. We get to talk with no interruptions and I get to learn more about my kids.

Doesn't Noah look super happy in all the pictures I took today?

On a side note, Noah informed me that he is 1/2 way to college. I informed him; "only if I pass you." It pays to home school your kids.

No comments: