This is sad, but I actually miss physical therapy. Yes, it was painful. Yes, it was monotonous. Yes, it was rather expensive thanks to my husband's former employer's stinky insurance. So, why on earth do I miss it? Because it was a guaranteed 2 hours a week that I got out of the house without my kids and actually had uninterrupted conversations with grown-ups! Sad, I know. I was almost disappointed when my surgeon said I didn't have to go back. I mean really, I spent 7 months there, averaging 2-3 times a week, plus the 2 months I spent trying to avoid surgery by going to PT. The PTs actually teased me about being their longest lasting patient and said that they thought I kept re injuring myself so I could keep coming back. (nothing could be further from the truth on that one). Johnny said it was almost like I broke up with someone. Now, I haven't been that bad...it's not like I'm wandering through the house weeping over the loss. It was just part of my routine that has changed. I guess this blog says a lot about the PTs at GRH, eh? Thanks for the torture, guys! I miss it!
No comments:
Post a Comment