
My sister dropped off her 3 children 24 hours ago. And I am still alive to tell the tale. I thought I'd give you a little insight into the day and the life of a "mom/aunt" of 7, ages 9, 7, 5, 3 (almost 4), 3, 2, & 6 months. Here goes:
6:30a.m.: Wake up call. Luckily my sister is still here and she opted to sleep on the couch so she got the brunt of the call. I get up and shower (figuring this could be my last until Tuesday). Johnny stays in bed until after 7:00.7:00a.m.: I emerge from my room and instruct my crew to get dressed. No one listens. My sister gets her crew dressed, with no problem.
7:15a.m.: I begin making 25 pancakes. My children are still not dressed.
7:45: All pancakes are consumed, along with over a half gallon of milk. My children are finally
getting dressed because their daddy comes out and makes them.7:55: Johnny leaves for work. He figures he should be on time for his last Friday at this current place of employment. I start the first load of dishes.
8:00: Mel and I try to take the car seats out of her van and put them in mine. They are stuck. Seriously.
8:15: We finish....I now have 5 car seats in my van. FIVE. Mel leaves until Monday. I am alone. And scared.
8:25: Load up said 5 car seats and take J-man to preschool.
8:32: Finally get to preschool. This is shameful because preschool is, oh, 2 blocks away. It took me that long to buckle all the car seats.
8:45: The baby is sleeping. The other 5 are in a TV coma. I decide to attempt some chores.
9:30: Still attempting those chores.
9:45: Actually manage to clean one bathroom. Sort of. I skipped the tub and the floors. Maybe I'll get to those later.
10:00: Snack time! We go through 30 peanut butter crackers and a bottle of Juicy Juice. No kidding. Baby S makes a complete mess of himself while my oldest attempts to feed him cereal.
10:15: 2nd load of dishes. 4th load of laundry
11:00: J-man comes home! The noise level raises. I begin making lunch. 3 boxes of mac n cheese.
11:30: Johnny comes home to help. Ah, relief. Lunch is consumed. Begin nap time process.

1:00: 1 1/2 hours later.....5 sleeping children....I watch Grey's Anatomy from last night....N and E work on school.
1:30: The oldest 2 and I play Wii for a little bit. High school musical sing a long ROCKS!
2:30: They start to wake up. Eat more food. Lots of it. Run 3rd dishwasher load....6Th load of laundry.
3:00: We brave the great out doors and decide to go for a walk! My goal is to wear out the masses before the masses wear out me.
4:30: Johnny comes home after running to the store and picking up 2 more gallons of milk and 2 dozen eggs. He also swings by the daycare to borrow some equipment (since I sold all of our baby stuff when we thought we were adopting a toddler...pre-Ethiopia). He is my hero!
5:00 Begin dinner. Make 12 cups of rice...2 packages of kielbasa....2 huge packets of muffins. Holy moly.
5:45: Dinner done. Johnny volunteers to clean up kitchen while I take masses outside and feed baby S his bottle. I think Johnny got the easy job.
6:30: Johnny is done in kitchen. S is asleep in his bed. My niece is covered in mud so she and Little E get a bath.
7:00: Begin putting masses to bed.9:00: 5 are finally asleep.
10:00: All are out. Including us.
3:00am: Baby S sends out an invitation for a party at his place.
3:30am: I drag myself back to bed.
6:30am: They are awake. I can hear them, but I'm really trying to ignore them. Gratefully, my niece and baby S are still sleeping. We decide to leave the 5 boys alone. For now.
Stay tuned for day 2 of my adventure where I actually have to fix a little girl's hair!
No comments:
Post a Comment