Sunday, May 4, 2008

The final 24

Since Friday morning, Johnny and I have:
1. changed approximately 25 diapers, which doesn't seem like much but when we haven't changed any in months...well....
2. made 12 bottles...again not much but it has been 2 1/2 years since I made that many!
3. Given 21 baths/showers.
4. Doled out countless get better kisses.
5. Cooked 40 chicken nuggets, 2lbs of spaghetti, 16 hot dogs, a dozen eggs, 50 pancakes, gone through 3 gallons of milk and 2 juices, 1 box of cheese nips, 1 package of peanut butter crackers, 1 package of string cheese and oh so much more.
6. Done 12 loads of laundry and an EQUAL number of dishwasher loads.

And it is only Sunday night.

I could write more but, why scare you? No, really, it hasn't been that bad at all! I got 5:30am snuggles with one very sweet little girl (who now says she is MY girl) and was joined not long after that by my sweet little 3 year old. Can you ask for more? It kind of gives more encouragement on our adoption that I can totally handle 5 kids. And look! I fixed my niece's hair! I rock! Okay, I totally got made fun of because it really did NOT look good but hey, I tried! I hear you can take online courses. I might sign up.

Today we made it to church, EARLY. All 9 of us looking pretty good. :) We went to our camp rally and we managed to feed all 7 of them with no spills or messes! (Thank you, my helpers! You know who you are....) We managed to get them totally filthy playing in the world's largest sand box, bring them home, give them baths and have them all asleep by 9:00. YES!

Seriously, I can so handle another one. Bring her home!

No comments: