Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Creating a Diversion

My kids, husband and I have been sick since last Wednesday. That would be 6 long days of coughing, sneezing, sniffling and fevering. (fevering???) Long nights of no sleep, although I did sleep all day Saturday while my husband muddled through, and long days of whining and complaining, mostly by me. Just kidding! Sort of....
Anyway, I am tired of the illness. I have "pine-sol-ed" every hard surface in the house, stepped up the fluid and vitamin intake and am praying for healing! In the mean time, in order to distract myself from the fact that my head is ABOUT to explode from the ever mounting pressure (thank you weather change), I thought I would share some pictures.
This is one of my favorites of my little men and big man, too. We went on our first family vacation to Disney World last year. This is a picture of my Mom in junior high. I only added it because it made
me laugh and because she is so adorable! The exact opposite of what I looked like in Junior High....that's me in my first real "lead" role. I can't remember the name of the play but I remember one of the songs was called "You're grounded" and the girl who is sitting opposite me got hit by a car or something...I don't know.


This picture is of me in my 4th grade/5th grade "gifted" program...my dad says I was gifted at least. Seriously, do you see why I am obsessed with my hair now??? And the lovely blue stripes? I make this solemn vow to my daughter that she will not be made fun of because of how she dresses and I am already studying how to fix your hair, baby! Have no fear! This is my little brother when he was 5....I think he looks just like my Ethan. Josh runs the Northwoods camp, in Finlayson, Minnesota. He is single girls, and will make somebody a really good husband someday. He has grown about 6 feet since this photo and is quite handsome. Any takers? He would so die if he knew I were writing this....sorry Josh, if you read this...
This has to be the most random post ever, but I forgot about my headache for awhile! I will leave you with a few more lovely pictures.

My siblings and I circa 1982...
Then us again in 1995....
Here is the entire crew at Christmas 2007....

No comments: