
Apparently I've lived in Greenville way too long and have become accustomed to the relative safety we enjoy. Too accustomed. Today a friend of mine came into the house, walked all the way into the kitchen and left something on our counter, then left. Now, this isn't a big deal...except WE WERE ALL HOME! I was totally sleeping, the youngest 2 were sleeping, the older 2 were having quiet time in their room, even THE DOG was in the house and no one noticed this? That is just sad and maybe scary. Don't go trying anything. Every door in my house is locked, along with all the windows. Sure glad I'm friends with this person! Yikes....I'm a dork!
Did anyone else freak out with the weather change yesterday? I was in wal-mart (shopping, not working) and when we left I could not move the cart forward because the wind was so strong. I just stood there in cartoon like form, trying to push the cart to the van. Of course, then the wind stopped and I flew forward...again like a dork. Poor Elijah had to suffer with me last night. He just buried his head in my chest, shivering, and crying "I'm cold Mama, get me to the van!" Poor baby. I shouldn't have taken him out in that weather, but we were down to like 2 onions, a potato and some mustard left in the house, which as yummy as that sounds, wouldn't exactly feed a house of 6. Wait, the dog was out of food, too, so make that 7. It just blows me away (no pun intended) that I was playing basketball with Noah at 1:30 yesterday (please don't let my doctor read that and I totally won "horse", by the way) and was scraping ice off my window at 4:30. Weird.
Let's see, what else. Oh, this weekend was a little tough for my Ethan. For the first time he didn't come in 1st or 2nd at one of his meets and he was devastated. Totally devastated. And me, being the first born competitor that I am, didn't quite know how to react either. He held up fine through the award ceremony (he came in last place....) but flew off the platform and just buried his face in my chest and cried. It was pretty much awful.
We also had Noah's birthday party this weekend. Nothing like watching a bunch of 8 & 9 year olds bowl. Oh my goodness, it was so funny to watch how they reacted to their various strikes, spares and gutter balls. And then listening & watching them eat pizza, cake and drink soda (what dumb Mom decided to let them have Pepsi? oops) all while talking non-stop? It was too much for me. They were a riot. More than that, though, I can't believe my baby will be 9 next week! AH!!!!! Old & dorky?
Finally, we asked for our file to be transferred to the Ethiopia program at America World. We feel so good about this decision. We are just waiting to hear from the intake coordinator and to get the paperwork requirements. They should be pretty close to what we did for El Salvador. It is my heart's cry that I have my daughter home by Christmas. I hear Ethiopia is beautiful in October! We are told to pray specifically right? Is that too specific? I think not.
2 comments:
I am joining with you in this prayer!!
I will gladly join you in that prayer!
Post a Comment