"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful and since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"This seems to be the theme song for life in Minnesota. We are currently enjoying life in the great white north, where snow seems to fall on a daily basis and no one seems to mind! How I love snow! We are able to take a week of vacation here in order to enjoy the holidays with my side of the "fam." And I love it. It took some work to get here, though, so let's back up a bit.
You all know I had surgery to realign my left leg back in October. This week, starting on Monday, was my first official day without crutches (again, I fell last week and had to start using them again...). Freedom! Tuesday I took Grampa to the airport, so he could fly ahead of us to Minnesota. He just can't handle a 12 hour drive crammed in the back of the van with my boys. Can't say that I blame him, really. I can barely handle it. Anyway, the 2 of us made quite a pair walking through Lambert International. We checked his baggage and worked it out so I could go back to the gate with him, so he wouldn't get lost. Not that this helped because I totally took us to terminal A when we needed to be at terminal C. At least I caught our mistake before we went through security because when we finally made it through the security line at terminal C, I set off the alarms!!!! Ah, the blessing of metal screws in your knee and a brace the entire length of your leg. With the bells still ringing in my ears, I hear the guard yell out "female assist" and am whisked aware to the private (not) searching area, where I am wanded, frisked, dusted and humiliated in front of hundreds of holiday travelers. And Grampa, who is standing off to the side, laughing his head off. Now, for those of you who've never had the pleasure of being "frisked" at the airport, let me give you a play by play. First, you are wand ed. They wave this security wand all over your body and every time it goes off they have to touch that place. I picked this day to wear an under wire bra, pants with metal beads, a zippered top...you get the picture. Then they had to take samples off my hands and my leg brace for hazardous materials. I'm just shaking with laughter and embarrassment and at one point holler out" See how much I love you Grampa? I'm not even FLYING!" This then made the security guard laugh and she sent me on my merry little way. You guys remember how red my face gets when I'm embarrassed? Multiply it by 10.
So, on the 31st, when I pick up Grampa from the airport, guess what is going to happen again? I'm apparently know a red flag in the system...and happy new year to me! I'll probably get frisked again.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
I got frisked for the holidays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's priceless! Merry Christmas to you!
Post a Comment