Saturday, December 1, 2007

I forgot the other news


In all my excitement to finally post pictures again after 6 weeks of sitting in my burgundy recliner, I forgot the rest of the Matthews' family news. Not that there is much news, but news is, well, news.
I began walking on Wednesday! I call it "air walking" because I am still using my crutches and not really putting any weight down. Pretty much just pretending but it sure looks good. In fact, one time this week I had both feet on the floor (or so it looked) and was leaning over to get something when Ethan (my 7 year old) comes running over yelling "Mom! Mom! You're standing!" And places one hand on each of my, um, cheeks to hold me up so I don't fall over. Let's just say it is the thought that counts. I also got to drive this week (ok, still not legally) which was such a thrill. I am not a home body. I despise being stuck in the house and I've really gotten depressed on a lot of days. I thank God that this wasn't a forever thing. I still have many months of physical therapy ahead of me and Dr. Sola said it will probably be a full year before I regain total strength but I can handle that. Philipians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
We did receive an email from our adoption coordinator telling us that the wait for Miley's adoption has been increased to 12-18 months from time of dossier submission. My heart just broke a little more when I read those words. Please keep praying for the people who are working these adoptions. They are not in control, God is, I know that. They still need prayer and they need to get their rears in gear! I say that with much love, mind you. I just want my little girl home. Thursday night I scrap booked with my friend and her daughter, Hope, who is adopted. I sat next to Hope and we worked together, a little bit. It just made me long for a daughter of my own so much more. Not that I don't love my boys and cherish them more than life itself, there is just something about that mother/daughter bond. God has placed this longing in my heart for a reason. Adoption is such a calling. I've been distracted these last few months, but I'm still called. So here I am God, send me! And send my little girl home, soon.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm tearing up at this post! Not because you're walking but because of your adoption stuff. There will be a day when this will all be over and you'll be cuddling with a sweet girl all wrapped in pink. It's just a 'season' right? Thank you for sharing your heart.