Monday, October 15, 2007

Perspective

Friends of mine lost their little boy last night. It sure puts life into perspective.
Hug your children extra tight today. And pray for this family. I can not even imagine, nor do I wish to, what it would be like to lose a child. He was only 1 year old. Just beginning to experience so many new and wonderful things, like walking and saying first words. And for him to be gone so suddenly....it just isn't fair. I know, I know, life isn't fair. But it makes me question, what was the point? What was the point in giving this little boy to his family for such a short time and then taking him back? Wouldn't it be easier just to not have to feel that pain? Then again, would I trade those days of joy with my little man? I don't know, I'm just a jumbled mass of emotions.
I know God doesn't mind our questions, He doesn't mind our anger. He understands. I just wish I could.
It makes me think of the story that involves Elijah, the prophet. How he looked for God in all this "big" things, like earthquakes and fires and storms (this is my translation) but ultimately, God was in the gentle whisper. I am praying that for my friend. That she will feel God in that whisper. That He will speak lovingly to her heart and soothe her pain.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow. I actually just went in to peek at El cuz he's so cute when he sleeps. Thanks for the powerful reminder of our blessings.