Today, for the first time, I truly and utterly worried about Miley. I have prayed for her since the beginning of this adoption process. I have prayed for her safety, for her health and prayed that someone would always be there to wipe her nose and comfort her when she is in pain or just plain sad. We have prayed for her birth mom. We have even prayed that she will love music like the rest of her family. Today, though, I worried. And I forgot to pray until just a few minutes ago. Bad mom.
I went camping for the weekend, as you probably read in a previous post, so I didn't really pay attention to the news until this morning when I saw that a Cat 5 hurricane is pounding Central America. You know, the part of the world where my daughter is! Oh my mother brain just went nuts. Worst case scenarios of death and destruction, governments shutting down adoption programs for years in order to recover and on and on and on. And just 20 minutes ago I sat down to work on our women's bible study and heard this voice say, "stop, she is fine. I will take care of her better than you."
Thank you, God, for that not so subtle reminder of your sovereignty. And thank you for speaking a lot to me these last few days. I've needed it.
By the way, we just got our first "funds" for our fund raiser in the mail today! You know who you are and THANK YOU!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment