I went back to being my congenial self at wal-mart tonight. What a mistake. Well, actually, it wasn't so bad because I was training this big, muscular guy with the shiny Mr. Clean head so no one bothered me. Although it was funny to watch the girls ogle him (that was probably wrong of me to say that). Trainee guy left about 8:45. 8:48 I had a guy come through and said "I wasn't going to buy anything, but you smiled at me as I walked in and I just had to come through your lane." "Oh, that's nice, " I replied and finished ringing up his flowers and handed him his change. "Oh, your MARRIED?" the guy asks. "Yes" I replied. "Happily?" "YES!" I answered, maybe a bit too strongly. "Oh, you are killing me" he said and sadly walks away.
Now here's the deal. It is awfully flattering to be flirted with and what not. Like I said, I'm a mom of 4 boys and sometimes it is just nice to know that I am not that far gone.....however.....what ever happened to the sanctity of marriage? Whatever happened to treating women with respect? I feel really bad for those cute little girls who work at wally world with me. I only hope their Daddies taught them how to properly handle forward men. I know Miley's daddy better teach her.
Did you know that Wal-mart has a 10 foot rule? Anyone who comes within 10 feet of you is supposed to be smiled at and greeted warmly.
I also have been doing a bit of a behavioral experiment at wally world. We cashiers are trained to ask if you would like your milk in a bag. I found that if you ask them that question, in those exact words, that most people will say no. However, if you ask them, "may I put your milk in a bag?" more people will say yes. Just a random thought from a bored, very tired cashier.
No comments:
Post a Comment