We have 2 days until our fund-raiser. Two really long, short days. I'm saying long because I really would like this to be over with. Once I have this paperwork out of my hands, maybe I'll be able to relax a bit. Those of you who have already been through this adoption process are probably laughing at me. You probably know that it only gets more difficult as time goes on. Right now, though, in my tiny little brain I am in control...that it is my problem that all the money isn't in and all the paperwork isn't mailed off to America World. I keep thinking that as soon as I get this out of my hands that then, and only then, will God have it under control. Oh what I fool I am!
In the meantime, I am sitting here labeling 500 CD's, putting together the slideshow, trying to figure out what to say to whomever stops by the concert, and staring at a police record paper that I have to fill out and wondering if it's the right one!
I am truly grateful to those of you who have already ordered a CD . I am completely humbled by the support Johnny and I have received through out all of this. We have entitled the CD "Child Of God" because that is what Miley (and all of us) is/are! It is also my favorite cut from the album. I can not wait for you all to hear it!
I do need to give some major shout outs: Terri Thomas, you were my inspiration for doing this CD. I will never forget the way your eyes glistened when you told me "you need to do this". Heather Summers, you are my mentor in so many ways, as an adoptive Mom, as a friend, as a wife. I have turned to you so many times already and you best be ready for some more times to come! Your wisdom is God given. To Mr. Luke Dejaynes, I have no idea how many hours you put into this project but I hope you realize how much you have been used by God over this last month and a half. Not only have you blessed this family with your musical gift, but my husband has found a kindred spirit and friend (can guys say that about each other? kindred spirits? just wondering). You may never know the impact you've had, Luke, this side of heaven. But someday, Miley is going to know that you were instrumental in getting her to both her earthly and heavenly homes. Sheri, thank you for giving up time with your husband and for letting your home be invaded by rambunctious Matthews' children, especially with a brand new baby. You, too, are a blessing. To Laura, my dear, dear friend. You are a woman who is chasing after God's heart. You have stuck by me through some rather rough patches and I am so overwhelmed by your grace and your mercy. Your life defines passionate worship. Thank you for sharing your talent on this project. Mark, I don't even know when you were there recording, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generosity! Craig, you just went through this process and we have watched you and Julie handle your new daughter with such love and compassion. Thank you for being an awesome witness to us and for being a pretty cool worship minister at that. I grow to appreciate you more and more each day.
Johnny Matthews, I love you. You are an amazing husband, a wonderful daddy and a stinkin' good guitarist. Thanks for doing whatever it takes to bring our daughter home. I need some pink in my life...or at least some purple.
Saturday night at 7:00!!!!! Greenville First Christian church. Be there or be square.
No comments:
Post a Comment