I am sitting here at 10:00 at night. It's Sunday, the supposed day of rest. And I am trying to figure out why I am so stinking tired! So, I thought about my day....and how it began....what happened it the middle....and now how it is ending. The house is blissfully still. All I can hear is a cricket and my husband typing on his laptop in the next room. (by the way....been trying to find the cricket. He is quite elusive, my kids think it is bad luck to kill them so they have to find them and set them free before big, evil Mama finds it...anyway, I digress).
The day started out at 6:00a.m. with my two year old, Elijah, breathing in my face, sweetly demanding a "dwink peas". I pull him into bed and politely tell him, "not yet, mommy's eyes won't open yet." "otay mommy", he sweetly replies. 1 minute later and 1 notch louder, "mommy! dwink peeeas!". I offer the same response. This continues until I huff out of bed to get his dwink, I mean, drink. (anyone wonder what Johnny is doing all this time?) Oh well, I had to get up and get ready for church at 6:30 anyway. Might as well start early. I spend the next hour getting "beautiful" (or trying!) for church. Head out the door and hang out at church for the next 5 hours. Church is exhausting for me! Is it for anybody else I wonder? I come home just wiped out. Today, though, was an awesome day at church. But, we'll go over that another day.
The rest of my "day of pseudo-rest" was spent cleaning the basement playroom/school room, taking phone calls, watching a creepy whale show on Animal Planet with Ethan (that poor baby whale!!!!), spending 3 hours doing lesson plans for the next week, planning the women's retreat and helping a friend find music for her kid's choir. I still have a bible study that I am supposed to write, a worship concert I am supposed to plan, more adoption paper work to fill out, clothes to wash, floors to shine like the top of the Chrysler building...oh wait...
So, that said (or complained), I am tired. And I still feel like I need to do more! I suppose that's the life of a mom, eh? Or some of you are thinking....that's what you get for having 4 kids!
Sorry for the complaints...if it helps....I'm writing more wal-mart stories next!
1 comment:
My friend, I do understand your exhaustion as you have the same disease as I. It is called "noitis". This is the inability to say no to someone in apparent or possible need. Know that you are appreciated not just because of all you do, but because of who you are :-).
Post a Comment